If you already have JAWS or another text-to-speech engine installed on your computer, you don’t need to download BrowseAloud.
What is BrowseAloud?
Free software that reads web pages out loud. It can help anyone who has difficulty reading on-line, including people with mild visual impairments, low literacy, English as a second language, or learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
What does BrowseAloud do?
- Reads web pages aloud in a natural-sounding voice
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Converts text to MP3
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
You have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.
How do I install BrowseAloud?
You can download BrowseAloud from the BrowseAloud website:
- Browsealoud downloadsTo maximize your BrowseAloud experience it is recommended you ensure that your version of BrowseAloud is the most current. If you are a current user, you may check the version number in the ‘About’ section of the BrowseAloud options.
Follow the instructions on download page to install BrowseAloud on your computer.
Where can I get more information or help?
- 1-877-778-6977 (toll free)