The Volunteer Program of the Township of Georgian Bay Public Library serves many useful purposes:
- It creates opportunities for individuals to feel personal satisfaction
- It renders a valuable service
- It allows individuals to familiarize themselves with the library
- It supplements the efforts of the regular library staff
A volunteer is a person who performs tasks for the Township of Georgian Bay Public Library without wages, benefits, or compensation of any kind. Volunteers do not replace regular staff, but enhance and extend the services being offered. These may include:
- Individuals performing under Community Service Orders.
- Students performing community service as an educational requirement.
- Work programs provided by Community Health and Social Service agencies.
- Students requiring cooperative placements.
- Individuals in the community.
- Volunteers contribute to the accomplishment of the mission statement of the Township of Georgian Bay Public Library.
- Each volunteer shall be made aware of the Library’s policies and expectations.
- Volunteers do not replace regular staff.
- Each volunteer shall be assigned a staff member or designate who will be present for guidance and monitoring.
- In the event of a staff opening, volunteers who apply for the position shall be treated and evaluated on the same basis as all other external applicants.
- Volunteers must apply to the OPP for a Vulnerable Record Screening/Police Background Check.
To inquire about a volunteer position, contact:
Barbara Swyers, CEO